Set a Date
No matter if it is your first 5K race or your hundredth, when you register for a 5K race it will keep you motivated and on task to reach your goal of running a successful 5K race. By actually setting up a date on your calendar, you pinpoint the time that you have to be ready to step on that starting line of your 5K race.
Prepare a training schedule immediately after booking your 5K race. New runners should begin with light training and build into a longer running routine.
Join us December 9th at 8:00 AM for Atlanta's number 1 holiday tradition: The Atlanta Christmas 5K. The 2017 Christmas 5K in Virginia Highland will close out early so claim your spot today. Registration closes at 2000 entrants. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the YWCA of greater Atlanta, as well as other charitable causes.
The race features a fun, scenic course through the neighborhoods of Virginia Highlands. The course is a certified Peachtree Road Race qualifier, and uses electronic chip timing. Peachtree is just around the corner, so knock out that qualifier now! Walkers, runners, kids, strollers, dogs on leashes are all welcome!
All participants receive SANTA HATS, and long sleeve, 100% cotton tshirts. Wear your hat on race day! Skinny Santa returns as the official race starter. Santa will stick around after the race to hand out awards (3 deep in each age group), and to take photos with kids (and adults!). After the race, stick around after the race for the post-race party:
START: YWCA, 957 N Highland Ave NE, Atlanta, 30306
FINISH: Morningside Presbyterian Church, 1411 N Morningside Dr, Atl 30306
1. START- 957 N. Highland AVE NE Atlanta 30306 ( North Highland & Adair)- in front of YWCA of Greater Atlanta
2. Go south on North Highland
3. Turn RIGHT on Greenwood Avenue
4. Turn RIGHT on Ponce de Leon Place
5. CROSS Virginia Avenue
6. Turn right on Elkmont Drive
7. Bear LEFT at Elkmont/ Brookridge Drive
8. Turn RIGHT on Brookridge Drive (water stop on the right)
9. Cross the Orme Park bridge and bear left to Amsterdam Avenue
10. Turn LEFT on Amsterdam Avenue
11. Amsterdam merges to Courtenay Drive
12. Turn LEFT on Greenland Avenue
13. Greenland merges to Hillpine
14. Turn RIGHT on Wayne Avenue
15. Turn LEFT on Courtenay Drive
16. Turn LEFT on North Highland Avenue
17. Turn LEFT on N. Morningside Drive
18. Turn right into the lot at Morningside Presbyterian (1411 N. Morningside Drive Atlanta 30306)
|START/END:||STARTS @ YWCA, 957 N Highland Ave NE, Atl, 30306 @ 8:00 am. ENDs @Morningside Presbyterian Church, 1411 N. Morningside Dr, Atlanta 30306. Peachtree Road Race qualifier. Fastest course in Virginia Highland.|
|AWARDS/AGE GROUPS:||AGE GROUPS/AWARDS: ELECTRONIC CHIP TIMING. Colorful unique awards to Overall M & F, Masters M & F, and 3-Deep for M & F Age Groups: 10 & Under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & over. Phidippides gift cards to the Overall M & F and Masters M & F winners.|
|EARLY PICK UP:||EARLY PACKET PICK UP: Pick up packets & t-shirts at Phidippides Ansley Mall location Dec 9, 11, 12, 13. Race Day Packet & T-Shirt Pick-up only for out of town runners or emergency: 6:30-7:30 am at YWCA.|
|PARKING:||PARKING: Parking available in YWCA parking lot, pay lots on N Highland, on side streets near the start or finish areas. Limited parking available at the church (finish area) - short walk to the starting line. Watch for “no parking” signs and please do not block driveways! UBER, MARTA etc. is recommended. See www.rungeorgia.com (Christmas 5K) for route to VA Highland.|