Tip Of The Day

Build a Foundation

Add some variety to your exercise routine. Run one day and strength train the next. This will not only hold your interest in the workouts longer, but it will give your body the time it needs for recovery. Additionally, you are covering more muscle groups throughout the body and keeping the workouts motivating and different.

To build up endurance for your 5K race include some interval training as part of your regimen. Use hill sessions and up-tempo to your runs to do this. Hold a steady running pace where you do not feel like you are just about to die, but that you can keep going.

Head to the track for shorter interval runs while learning to pace yourself. Learn to conserve your energy during the first part of the race and then to let go in the second half so you can make it to the finish line of you 5K race.

Run for Regis Trail Races

Race distances for every level of challenge - 50k, full marathon, 22 mile, 18 mile, and half marathon.
Race Events
½ Marathon Marathon Trail Race Ultra Other 
18 mile and 22 mile options also available.
Race Weather and Climate
This is a January trail run in Ohio - dress appropriately! "The course is 95% single track consisting of various surfaces: gravel, clay/mud, with a mix of rocks and roots. The other 5% is miscellaneous asphalt and turf grass. All water crossings are bridged but those wooden structures can be very slippery. Most of this is "runnable" but there are some hills and some stairs cut into steep hillsides (roughly laid and not uniform). There is one road crossing that demands caution. I have run this in deep snow and glazed ice with Kahtoola Microspikes and did OK; if it rains or the ground is not frozen the mud can be tedious; this is a great event if you want to have fun and get dirty with like minded runners regardless of the weather; definitely NOT the event to select if one is looking to go fast"
Race Fees
No fee information specified.
Race Registration
No registration information specified.

Browse Races in Ohio By City

Copyright © 2018 JogRunRace.com. All rights reserved.