Set a Date
No matter if it is your first 5K race or your hundredth, when you register for a 5K race it will keep you motivated and on task to reach your goal of running a successful 5K race. By actually setting up a date on your calendar, you pinpoint the time that you have to be ready to step on that starting line of your 5K race.
Prepare a training schedule immediately after booking your 5K race. New runners should begin with light training and build into a longer running routine.
Join us at the Downtown Duluth, GA Town Green for a 8:30 a.m. start on May 26, 2017, for the 4th Annual Fast Track 5k. This event is presented by the Southeastern Railway Museum in co-sponsorship with the City of Duluth. Proceeds of the race will benefit the education and equipment restoration and conservation programs of the Museum.
The Southeastern Railway Museum, in operation since 1970, features about 90 items of rolling stock including historic Pullman cars and classic steam locomotives. SRM is located near the intersection of Pleasant Hill Rd and Buford Highway.
• This is a USATF certified race, a Peachtree Road Race pre-qualifier and is chip timed!
• All participants registered by 5/12 are guaranteed a t-shirt at either early packet pickup or day of the event. All late registrations (5/12-5/26) will receive a t-shirt either at the event or to be picked up afterwards.
• Early packet pick up will be at SRM, Thursday, May 24 from 11:00 am to 8 pm, and on the day of the race, at downtown Duluth near the water fountain beginning at 7:00 am.
• SRM offers free admission to the Museum on the day of the race to those with a race number + 4 family members or friends (train rides are extra).
• There will be food, fun, and beverages at the finish line.
• The race has a patriotic theme so proudly display your red, white and blue.
• Online registration is open until midnight Friday May 25th.