The First 3 runnings of the Myakka River Half Marathon/5K were a tremendous success! The 4th annual “Run for the Memories” will be even more amazing!
Saturday November 10, 2018 at the Myakka River State Park
The race is being produced by My Favorite Race Events and Presented by Publix.
The charities for this event are the
Friends of Myakka River and the Florida Compassion Foundation.
Have race questions?
This will become your favorite race!
Pricing: This year we are lowering our overall pricing and we will not be offering any discount codes!
The only way to get a lower price is to register early!
Pricing for all three races is below!
Protect Your Registration Fees
Get reimbursed up to 100% for an additional $8.99 if you can’t attend this event for a number of reasons, including covered injury, illness, traffic accidents, and more.
Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. Insurance benefits are underwritten by Jefferson Insurance Company. Recommended by AGA Service Company, the licensed producer and administrator of these plans.
Myakka River Half Marathon
Participants 1 - 10 under $20 - SOLD OUT
Participants 11 - 20 $40 - SOLD OUT
Participants 21 - 30 $50 - SOLD OUT
Participants 31 - 40 $60 - SOLD OUT
Participants 41 - 50 $65 - SOLD OUT
Participants 51 - 100 $70 - SOLD OUT
Participants 101 - 150 $75 - SOLD OUT
Participants 151 - 200 $80 - SOLD OUT
Participants 201 - 250 $85 - SOLD OUT
Participants 251 - 400 $90
Participants 401 - 850. $99
Myakka Half Sell Out = 850 Runners
Myakka River 10K
Participants 1 - 10 under $20 - SOLD OUT
Participants 11 - 20 $25 - SOLD OUT
Participants 21 - 30 $30 - SOLD OUT
Participants 31 - 40 $35 - SOLD OUT
Participants 41 - 50 $40 - SOLD OUT
Participants 51 - 100 $45 - SOLD OUT
Participants 101 - 150 $50
Participants 151 - 200 $55
Participants 201 - 250 $56
Participants 251 - 300 $57
Participants 301 - 350 $58
Participant 351 - 500 $59
10K Sell Out = 500 Runners
Myakka River 5K
Participants 1 - 10 under $10 - SOLD OUT
Participants 11 - 20 $20 - SOLD OUT
Participants 21 - 30 $25 - SOLD OUT
Participants 31 -100 $30
Participants 101 - 150 $35
Participants 151 - 200 $36
Participants 201 - 250 $37
Participants 251 - 300 $38
Participants 301 - 550 $39
5K Sell Out = 550 Runners
Your Registration Includes:
- Entry into your favorite race!
- Custom personalized Bibs if you Register before 09/01/2018
- Custom medal for all Half Marathon finishers
- Custom Medal for all 10K finishers
- Custom medal for all 5K finishers
- Accurately measured, USATF certified courses
- Paved course with 65% shaded by an amazing moss filled tree canopy.
- Extremely safe closed course with substantial traffic control including cones and experienced course Marshalls'
- Extremely fast course. Our course record is held by Fredison Costa at 1:10:19.7
- Accurate mile markers; computerized timing/scoring
- 10 Hydration stations stocked with Hydrate, water, and friendly volunteers and a water stop just past the Energy Station.
- Port-a-Potty at every Hydration Station and at the energy station. You will run past 10 on the course.
- Medical Stations and Bike Medics
- Top 3 Overall Men and Top 3 Overall Women receive an amazing Prize Package.
- Awards for the top three in standard age groups in the Half and the 10k and the 5K
- Amazing Awards for Overall, Masters, and Grandmasters and Senior Grandmasters for both the Half and the 5K
- Special awards for our Veterans.
- Regular e-mails, providing updated information
- Opportunity to pick-up packets on race day and at multiple locations the week before the race or by overnight mail.
- GUARANTEED SIZE Ladies’, Men's and Youth tech shirts for the Half, the 10K and the 5K IF YOU REGISTER BEFORE 10/01/2018 Your choice of a Tee or a Tank for all three races. Sizes not guaranteed if you register after 10/01/2018.
- Finish-line celebration at the South Pavillon in Myakka River State Park featuring R Anthony Band
- Ice Cold Water and Chocolate Milk as you cross the finish line.
- Ice Cold Beer presented by Gold Coast Eagle Distributing Hot Pancakes provided by Publix!
- Hot Bacon provided by Boars Head
- Free Fun Zone for kids of all ages
- Great give-a-ways and door prizes
- a 20' HD Jumbotron in the After Party Area with a live feed from the finish line.
Packet PickUp Info
Stay Tuned, it's coming soon! You can have your Race Packet Overnighted to your home by going into our Store on this site!
Free Registrations are not eligible for Deferrals or Transfers.
FREE REGISTRATIONS MUST BE USED BY THE ORIGINAL RECIPIENT FOR THE RACE THEY WERE INTENDED.
There will be no cash refunds. We will however defer your registration to next years event. Derferal fee is $10. You must notify the Race Director by email (not FB) before October 01, 2018 to receive a deferral.
THERE ARE NO UNOFFICIAL TRANSFERS OF BIBS TO OTHER ATHLETES. You may not give or sell your number to another individual. The other individual will not be covered by USATF race insurance if there should be an injury. The other individual's results may compromise scoring as they may be in a different age bracket than yourself. They will be disqualified.
Contact the Race Director by email (not FB) should you not be able to run the race and you want to officially transfer your registration to another runner. There will be a $25.00 transfer fee. Deadline for transfers is October 01, 2018
For more race information, please visit our website at: www.myakkahalf.com
We will exceed your expectations and give you an experience that makes you look forward to coming back year after year to run our race!
Parking again this year will be at the Suncoast Community Church with All Around Charters shuttling you to the Start/ Finish line. This year we will have 6 large charter buses and a small additional bus. Please arrive at the Suncoast Church in time to park, load the bus and take the 8 minute ride to the park.
Florida Compassion Foundation
A Florida 501(c)(3). FCF helps the families of Alzheimer’s Patients with expenses not covered by insurance. They show compassion when it seems there is no hope. Your entry into this race will really make a difference for a family in need.
Friends of Myakka River
The Wild and Scenic Myakka River
The Myakka was designated as the state's only "Florida Wild and Scenic River" by the Florida State Legislature in 1985. The act provides for preservation and management of the 34-mile portion of the river within Sarasota County.
Most of the watershed lies to the north in Manatee County, but the Myakka does not become well-defined as a river until its numerous tributaries coalesce near the Sarasota County boundary where the river enters Myakka River State Park. Prominent among the picturesque features here are two lakes and the extensive marshes between them.
These lakes and marshes form an elongated basin through which the Myakka River flows.
The park is famous for its diverse wildlife. You can see alligators and wading birds from the park drive year-round. In the winter, ducks and shorebirds feed in the shallows as bald eagles and ospreys fish from above. Sandhill cranes nest along the water's edge. Twelve miles of the Wild and Scenic River flow through the park.
To help protect the river, you can become a volunteer or join the Friends of the Myakka River. Call 941-316-8139 or email for information or request a "Friends" application.
Please donate what you can.
Monies raised will be split between
Florida Compassion Foundation & Friends of Myakka River
Become one of our VIP Runners! Make a $100 donation and receive as a thank you gift a 2018 VIP Runner's Package, allowing you to park only a couple hundred feet from the start finish line! Also as a VIP you will have a special entrance into the corals for you and 3 of your friends adjacent to the VIP Parking. Hot Coffee, Water and Granola Bars will be available for you at this special entrance! There will also a special line at Bag Check just for our VIP's. Have more than 3 friends that want to come in with you? Additional VIP stickers are available for just $25 each.
Anyone can buy a individual VIP sticker for just $25 and receive the VIP treatment. The individual VIP Stickers for $25 DO NOT include a Parking Pass. You would still come in on the shuttle unless riding with with a friend in passion of a Parking Pass.
VIP Parking is a fundraiser for the our charities and your donation is concidered a tax deductible donation.
Free BagCheck will also be available at the Start/Finish line
Watch for additional emails as race day approaches!
This will become your favorite race!
We are SO excited to bring you the latest challenge to take on Southwest Florida..
the 2nd annual WEST COAST TRIFECTA CHALLENGE!
WCTC is a locally produced challenge bringing together three of your favorite local races:
Remember the Fallen 5k/10k
Bocca Lupo Howl at the Moon 5k
Myakka River Half Marathon/10K/5k November 10th
Are you excited yet? Do you want in?!
HERE IS THE DEAL:
Step 1. Register for EACH of the three races (if the race has multiple distances, pick one!)
Step 2. Participate in each race!
Step 3. Invite your friends and family to join you! It’s more fun with friends!!
Step 4. Cross the finish line at the Myakka River Half & 5k and collect YOUR Inaugural West Coast Trifecta Challenge Medal. This HUGE medal has bling & local flair! And we take care of the rest!!
Each of these races is put on by a local resident, they each benefit a local charity and each race celebrates the southwest Florida road running community!! We hope that you will join us for this Inaugural challenge by getting signed up today!
Kimmi van der Veen and the Race Directors of the West Coast Florida Challenge races
P.S. Have Trifecta questions? Reach out to Kimmi! firstname.lastname@example.org.