Build a Foundation
Add some variety to your exercise routine. Run one day and strength train the next. This will not only hold your interest in the workouts longer, but it will give your body the time it needs for recovery. Additionally, you are covering more muscle groups throughout the body and keeping the workouts motivating and different.
To build up endurance for your 5K race include some interval training as part of your regimen. Use hill sessions and up-tempo to your runs to do this. Hold a steady running pace where you do not feel like you are just about to die, but that you can keep going.
Head to the track for shorter interval runs while learning to pace yourself. Learn to conserve your energy during the first part of the race and then to let go in the second half so you can make it to the finish line of you 5K race.
Highlands County's FIRST & FOREMOST Fundraising obstacle course event benefitting:
* SEBRING ELKS CLUB CHARITIES
* FOLDS OF HONOR FOUNDATION
Our unique venue is on the shores of our beautiful Lake Jackson with stunning views and delicious food and drink!
You will race around 12 floating obstacles in waves of 12 canoes. The first 3 canoes across the finish line will race against the winners of each heat in a final PADDLE for the WIN!
We proudly fly the AMERICAN FLAG and our National Anthem begins our day of events!
*OPEN TO ALL AGES - KIDS UNDER 7 FREE to RIDE in CANOE with paying parent AND life jacket. Max. occupancy 3 per canoe.
* GATES OPEN AT 9 AM
* PLEASE ARRIVE 30-45 MINS. BEFORE YOUR LAUNCH
* PARKING IS $5 PER CAR (CASH ONLY)
* PLEASE BRING ID, WAIVERS SIGNED IN PERSON AT EVENT.
* BRING ID, CHANGE OF CLOTHES, CASH or CREDIT CARD FOR VENDORS
* WE ENCOURAGE CRAZINESS!! DRESS UP and HAVE SOME FUN!
* NO COOLERS PLEASE, VENDORS ON SITE
* FREE BATH!
* FOOD-BEER-SUNSHINE (hopefully!!)