Racine Family YMCA Lighthouse Run
During its 40 year history, Lighthouse Run, presented by Educators Credit Union, The Journal Times and the Racine Family YMCA, has evolved into one of the premier road run/walks in the state of Wisconsin.
That tradition continues in 2019 with the Image Management 10 Mile Run, Twin Disc 4 Mile Run, Modine 4 & 2 Mile Fun Run/Walk, Landmark Credit Union Kids Power Race and Cree Mascot Challenge. Offering both competitive and non-competitive events, Lighthouse Run serves as the official kick-off to summer fitness awareness.
Proceeds from your participation in the Lighthouse Run help support the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign.
Your contribution helps us provide program support and financial assistance to youth and families who need it in our community. Only by working together can we give more kids the opportunity to grow strong in spirit, mind and body.
Food and Drinks
The Lighthouse Run begins on Main Street at Monument Square (This is a change from past years with a new and improved route!) and heads north towards the Root River. Runners cross the river on Main Street before turning to run along Lake Michigan along the LakeMichigan Pathway. The Modine 2 milers turn back on Barker Street, while 4 & 10 Mile participants proceed along the Lake Michigan Pathway to Wolff Street, FSG 4 milers head back along Main Street to the finish line, while LHR 10 milers proceed north to 3 Mile Road. The LHR 10M runners head east on Lighthouse Drive past the famous Wind Point Lighthouse to 4 Mile Road. Runners then head west on 4 Mile Road to Main Street. The final leg of the race is back down Main Street to the finish on Monument Square.
Runners in the 4 & 10 Mile Competitive Runs will be issued a race number and disposable timing chips which should be attached to each shoe and which must be worn to be timed. No dogs or roller blades are allowed in any run! Strollers and wagons are allowed in the Modine Fun Run/Walk, however, they ARE NOT permitted in the LHR 4 & 10-mile competitive races. The course will close at 10:30 am.
LHR - 10 Mile Proposal LHR - 4 Mile Proposal LHR - 2 Mile Proposal View All Course Maps
Twin Disc 4 Mile Competitive and Image Management 10 Mile Competitive Division
• Overall Winners: Overall Awards will be presented to the top 3 finishers. Overall winners will not be eligible for age group awards.
• Age Group Winners: Medals will be presented to the top 4 male and female finishers in each age group.
• Age Groups: 13 & under; 14-16; 17-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49;50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74;75-79;80+
Team Division Awards
• Traveling trophies will be awarded to the winning competitive team in the Corporate and Open divisions in the 4 and 10 Mile Runs.
• The scoring members of first place through fifth place teams will also receive individual medals.
• Team scores are the total time of the fastest scoring members of each team. The number of scoring team members is 6 for the 4 Mile Run and 4 for the 10 Mile Run. There are no gender restrictions for team composition
The Awards Ceremony will begin at approximately 10:30 on the Sam Johnson Parkway, adjacent to the finish line. The kick-off to the awards ceremony is the Landmark Credit Union Mascot Challenge, a race between area mascots, definitely a kid's favorite! In addition, the awards ceremony will feature live music, plus plenty of fruit, snacks, beer, and other beverages.
RACINE FAMILY YMCA - Lighthouse Run
Saturday, June 15, 2019
7:45 AM: Wheelchair division
8:00 AM: Image Management 10 Mile
8:15 AM: Twin Disc 4 Mile
8:20 AM: Fun Run/Walk 2 & 4 Mile
Monument Square - Downtown Racine
500 Monument Square, Racine WI 53403
A great post race party with Live Music
Landmark Credit Union Mascot Challenge
The Mascot Challenge has grown larger each year, with local mascot favorites vying for the prestigious Landmark Credit Union Mascot Challenge Champion.
If your company, school or organization has a mascot and would like to participate in the Landmark Credit Union Mascot Challenge, please contact Nette @ 262-898-4691.
Kids Power Race
Kid's Powwer Race is for kids 8 and under who will run a 200 meter dash at 10:00 on the Sam Johnson Parkway. All participants will be given Kid's Power Race bracelets when they finish. There is no entry fee for the Kid's Power Race. Parents may sign-up their kids during packet pick-up and race day @ 9:30am,
Lighthouse Run Awards Presentation
Runners who have pre-registered by mail or online may pick up their race packets in advance. Runners may also register in person during these times and receive their race packets immediately.
Early Bird Packet Pick-up
Monday thru Friday, June 8-14 from 7:15 am-6:30 pm
215 6th Street
Racine, WI 53403
877.570.4434 / supportstaff@5Kevents.org
Race Day Registration & Packet Pick-up
There will be NO Same Day Registration this year.
Sat June 15 6:00am-7:30 am Monument Square
500 Main Street, Racine, Wi 53403
• 10 Mile Competitive (8:00 AM start)
$35.00 Expires 5/31/2019 11:59 PM
• 4 Mile Competitive (8:15 AM start)
$35.00 Expires 5/31/2019 11:59 PM
• 2 or 4 Mile Fun Run/Walk (8:20 AM start)
$25.00 Expires 5/31/2019 11:59 PM
• Family of 4 - Fun Run Walk Only (8:20 AM start)
$75.00 Expires 5/31/2019 11:59 PM
All of our events are posted live at time of finish and having a wireless hotspot/access point would allow our participants who have poor cell service the ability to access their results almost immediately after they finish their race. It would also allow us to offer quicker turnaround times on post-race festivities including award ceremonies.
• 10 Mile Competitive (8:00 AM start) $35.00 Expires 5/31/2019 11:59 PM
• 4 Mile Competitive (8:15 AM start) $35.00 Expires 5/31/2019 11:59 PM
• 2 or 4 Mile Fun Run/Walk (8:20 AM start) $25.00 Expires 5/31/2019 11:59 PM
• Family of 4 - Fun Run Walk Only (8:20 AM start) $75.00 Expires 5/31/2019 11:59 PM